1password legacy chrome extension keeps opening new tabs

Options
lagreca
lagreca
Community Member
edited July 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

When I am on a website, and want to fill in a password, if I click autofill, it does NOT fill the login and password info. Instead it opens a new tab with the login page.

This started happening a while back.... If I close the 1password app, and relaunch it, the extension works for 1 time, then the 2nd time, it goes back to opening a new tab.

Has anyone else run into this or a know a solution?

I do use the 1password chrome native extension as well for my personal stuff, but use the legacy extension to access other vaults.

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @lagreca

I do use the 1password chrome native extension as well for my personal stuff, but use the legacy extension to access other vaults.

Are you using 2 extensions? If so, that may be the trouble.

• lagreca
    lagreca
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, but I have been using 2 extensions for a VERY long time now... Also, that wouldn't really explain how it works on app first startup, but all subsequent attempts I get a new browser tab.

• @lagreca

It sounds like 1Password is having trouble communicating with your browser. Can you try fully quitting both and let me know if it improves your state of play?

1. Quit 1Password completely by hold down the Control and Option keys on your keyboard and choose 1Password > Quit 1Password Completely from the menu bar beside the  logo.
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test again to see if the issue is resolved.

If you're still having troubles, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac and send it to us at support+x@1password.com

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Let me know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.