When 1password suggests a new password on a website, is it possible to change the password length?

Options

The default password length it offers is not long enough for what I would like. I know there is the password generator and I can choose the length there, however any time I choose to copy this it then saves the password in the app automatically. Is there anyway to stop this because I dont want to have to delete that standalone password as I will already save it under the login?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hey @con9834,

Thanks for this question!

I know there is the password generator and I can choose the length there, however any time I choose to copy this it then saves the password in the app automatically. Is there anyway to stop this because I dont want to have to delete that standalone password as I will already save it under the login?

I'm not totally sure I understand the nature of the problem (and my apologies about that), but here's an approach that might be helpful. Let me know if this workflow suits your needs. If it doesn't I'm happy to discuss further and figure things out. 👍

From the page where you wish to set your new password for a website:

1. Click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click the + icon, and then password generator.
    3. Set the password length and specifics to your liking (at this point the password will not yet have been saved)
    4. Either copy the password to your clipboard and paste it into the appropriate field, or choose autofill
    5. Save it on the website, and accept 1Password's pop-up prompt to save it into 1Password

Does that work for you?

This discussion has been closed.