Browser extension in Chrome just keeps Loading...

Options
2»

Comments

• adishong
    adishong
    Community Member
    Options

Beta does samething

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@adishong:

Thank you for the confirmation! I will let you continue the conversation via email then :+1:

ref: QWZ-28847-413

• wedward
    wedward
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana will try that now - I take it that the issue is still being sorted out?

• wedward
    wedward
    Community Member
    Options

I updated to the Beta extension and so far it seems to be working better (browser restart). thank you

• @wedward

We're glad to hear things are working after trying out the beta version. If you encounter any other issues, feel free to reach back out and we'll get right on it.

• wedward
    wedward
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_chantelle - I rebooted and tried again, and it had the same issue. "Loading..." and when it did finally respond, after typing my main password, it took 10 seconds to acknowledge in the page I needed the password on. Before the update this always seemed immediate or very close to it.

• adishong
    adishong
    Community Member
    Options

I have been having same issue with Windows 10 Pro and Chrome extension on my home desktop but work PC works fine. I tired removing and resetting chrome but no joy.

-Same versions of Chrome and extension

-Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 - Works Fine
    -Windows 10 Pro 2004 - Does not work properly, takes 3+ min sometimes 10 min to get loading message to show password info. Attaching screenshot

I have since updated to an eval version but it does same thing. Also have tried Beta for 1Password App but that doesn't update extension.

• adishong
    adishong
    Community Member
    Options

Correction when I posted: -Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 - Works Fine
    I didn't realize I had integration turned off already so that is false, fails on that Win version as well when enabled.

• adishong
    adishong
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm beta extension does same thing, although it does seem a bit faster to get out of loading stage but that could be in my head. I sent diag report via email, thanks Andy

• Thanks @adishong for sending along the logs and diagnostics. Let's continue our conversation via email.

ref: QWZ-28847-413

• gaw
    gaw
    Community Member
    Options

Has this been fixed? My dad is still having the problem. Has latest version of Chrome and 1Password extension.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hey @gaw , This has been vastly improved but not fixed entirely and can still occur in certain circumstances.

We'll need you to send us more info from the affected computer:

Send it to support+x@1password.com and we'll troubleshoot this with you.

• BobCooper
    BobCooper
    Community Member
    Options

having this issue also in Chrome and MS Edge any fix for it ?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BobCooper:

Please feel free to send us some logs too (you can see the instructions in my colleague Yaron's post above yours), and we will be happy to take a look :+1:

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• codedognz
    codedognz
    Community Member
    Options

This thread is months old now. I am using Microsoft Edge and still finding this issue today. Is using a Beta still the recommended action?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @codedognz, with things are they are now, we would recommend going through some troubleshooting as a first step. Could you try the following?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

If that doesn't help, I'd like you to send over the following so we can take a closer look at what may be going wrong:

Attach the logs and diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• codedognz
    codedognz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that. I actually ended up contacting support a couple of days ago. They also suggested that method, and it seems to have done the trick.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know @codedognz I'm sorry that it took a bit to reply to you here but I'm glad that things are working for you now. Let us know if you have any other questions or run into any other issues!

This discussion has been closed.