Graphical Errors on Windows version

spadger1066
spadger1066
Community Member
edited July 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Very recently 1Password has started showing graphical errors on the fields on the display. Just updated to 7.7.810 and it's the same. It looks like the entries are zoomed in a long way. Moving the mouse over the field returns it to normal but this seems to be a toggle effect corrupting other fields. Always on the right (details) but also on other windows (settings etc.). I have dual monitors and it occurs on both (and have latest display drivers).

Not critical but very annoying.

Example image attached.

I also run this on my MacBook and it has no issues.!

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey there @spadger1066, thanks so much for writing in - something definitely seems to be off there. To get things back up and running, let's continue this conversation over email so we can dig in further. Could you send me an email at support+windows@1password.com? Please include a diagnostics report in your email: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

After you email in, you should receive a Conversation ID that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting this sorted for you! :smile:

Note: I adjusted your thread title slightly to indicate that this issue pertains to how 1Password is being displayed, but is not a corruption of the actual user data.

• akoneko47
    akoneko47
    Community Member

I confirm, I ran into the same problem.

Edition: Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 21H1
    OS build: 19043.1110
    1password: 7.7.810

Any update?

• PeterG_1P
    edited July 2021

Hi @akoneko47 , we're still in the process of working on this one. Are you still currently experiencing this issue (that is, has it been persistent for you?).

ref: SMI-19397-229

• akoneko47
    akoneko47
    Community Member
  • myrhillion
    myrhillion
    Community Member

Just wanted to indicate I came here looking to see if this is happening to other people, which it appears I'm not alone. I'm having many graphical anomalies in 1password on windows 10. I'm on 7.7.810, running windows 10, 10.0.19043.

Please let me know if I need to submit individual ticket as above or if this is being worked as a group/community type ticket.

Thanks!

Myrhillion

• Blake
    edited July 2021

@myrhillion @akoneko47

If you're both seeing this issue as well, go ahead and send us an email at support+windows@1password.com and we can dive into some of the technical bits surrounding what we've found so far with you there.

• myrhillion
    myrhillion
    Community Member

submitted, thanks Blake.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2021

@myrhillion:

Thank you! Have you received a ticket number already?

ref: QIK-52965-592

• myrhillion
    myrhillion
    Community Member

I don't see a response yet. Sent the email to one mentioned in Blake's response above.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@myrhillion:

Thank you for the update, found it! I see that my colleague Mike just replied to your email, so I will let you continue the conversation over there :)

• myrhillion
    myrhillion
    Community Member

Thanks a bunch, just seeing the email from Mike. Will work on fix options later today.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good :+1: :)

• irasychan
    irasychan
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

After quickly mouse enter and leave a field or a button, the UI render is broken until the mouse enter the UI or the window resize.
    Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Someone else already posted this please continue here

1Password Version: 7.7.810
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H1
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@irasychan:

I have merged your discussion with the existing conversation, so we have everything in one place :+1:

I also see you have emailed us, so we will also get back to you over there as soon as possible.

ref: YMB-25677-836

• irasychan
    irasychan
    Community Member

@ag_ana

I have replied with the diagnostic and my windows version. I am pretty sure it's not only 1Passwords that affected by this bug tho.
    I have experience similar error on some other Windows Application, but haven't been able to reproduce it as consistence as with the 1Passwords app

• Hi @irasychan , thank you for mentioning that this issue might not be limited to 1Password - that's important context for our team! We very much appreciate it, and of course will certainly do our best through that email conversation to help get this resolved.

• akoneko47
    akoneko47
    Community Member

Do you know where the problem is? I want to fix this problem

• spadger1066
    spadger1066
    Community Member

I also have just replied with my diagnostic report (bit late). For the record, I have only seen this in 1Password and only on Windows. The only coincidence I can think of is I recently rebuilt my PC and it has only been happening since then (I could only imagine CPU or GPU would have any effect if at all).

• spadger1066
    spadger1066
    Community Member

UPDATE. Thinking about the hardware, I tried remote desk topping from my Mac mini (M1) to my Windows PC and iPassword was fine so maybe it is hardware related. If it helps the PC has an i9-10980XE CPU and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 GPU

• Hi @spadger1066 , we've received your diagnostics. Thanks for getting in touch with us by email, and we'll be happy to assist you over there momentarily. We appreciate you letting us know about your experience with this issue, too!

• akoneko47
    akoneko47
    Community Member

Oh! Not sure if it's related? But I found that this user is using the same CPU as me.
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
    @spadger1066 @PeterG_1P

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@akoneko47:

Thank you for the information! Although this sounds more like a graphics issue than a CPU issue. Have you already tried the suggestions that my colleague Mike sent you via email a few days ago?

• OoLKKoO
    OoLKKoO
    Community Member

Hi, I also suffered this same issue. However, I update windows 10's KB5004296 and KB5004331 (I'm not sure which one solves my problem ), my problem has been solved.

Edition: Windows 10 Home
    Version: 21H1
    OS build: 19043.1151
    1password: 7.7.810

Hope this helps :)

• irasychan
    irasychan
    Community Member

The same kind of graphical error is happening to Visual Studio Installer as well.
    If this help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @OoLKKoO, and for sharing it with the community!

• cybie2k
    cybie2k
    Community Member

I just installed KB5004296 and KB5004331 and that seems to have fixed the issue for me. Thanks @OoLKKoO.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's good to hear @cybie2k, thank you for letting us know :)

• akoneko47
    akoneko47
    Community Member

I disabled Nahimic service and that seems to have fixed the issue for me.
    Thank you for emailing me.

• Hey @akoneko47, thank you for letting us know here that the Nahimic fix worked for you. We're very happy to hear things are working again!

• lenworth
    lenworth
    Community Member

I had the same problem and disabling the Nahimic service resolved the issue.

This discussion has been closed.