How did I lose 1Password's Face ID on my iPhone and how do I get it back?

Options
williakz
williakz
Community Member

Question says it all. After iOS 14.7 (and 14.7.1) updates on my iPhone 11 Pro Max, 1Password's Face ID no longer activates when I tap "Passwords" (next to the small key icon) in the 1Password popup. I simply get the 1P locked screen and must enter my LONG Master Password (using my fat fingers and iffy eyesight) every time I want to log into a password-protected app. Please help me get your Face ID back up and running! Thanks in advance for any assistance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @williakz

You had me at fat fingers and iffy eyesight. I fit those so well myself. :lol:

It sounds like iOS may be having issues with "Face ID" in general. Have you tried toggling it on and off in the iOS settings app under Face ID and Passcode? I would recommend that first, and while you're in that section, make sure and tap on the "Other Apps" selection and verify 1Password is enabled to use "Face ID". If you haven't restarted the device recently, that can also help solve transient issues.

• Toggling off/on Face ID will require you to enter your Master Password to open 1Password the first time. Make sure you know your Master Password before attempting the above steps.
  • williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy, somewhere in all the machinations you suggested was just what my iPhone needed. Finally I can stop squinting and rest the cramp in my hand (one only—hand, that is, not, alas, cramp). Thanks, pal.

• :+1:

This discussion has been closed.