Unable to set Up 1Password

Options

I signed up for the trial of family plan and gave credit card. (Win 10) I entered a master password twice with no problems. I downloaded the app as instructed. .Secret key was pasted in without problems. However, I received error that my master password was incorrect. There appears to be nothing I can do to salvage this situation- no way out, no way to enter a new master password. I do not plan to spend days on this (which has been the case for some users). Is there is a quick fix such as deleting my whole account and starting over again? If I try to log onto the website, same problem. I am experienced computer and PW manager user and have never seen such a disappointing mess. If there is no easy solution to this problem I will be asking to get rid of the account I set up. Please advise.
Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sl91911!

However, I received error that my master password was incorrect.
    If I try to log onto the website, same problem.

It sounds like you entered the wrong password when you created your account unfortunately. But no worries, since the account is brand new, you can certainly delete it and create a new one :+1:

Is there is a quick fix such as deleting my whole account and starting over again?

How to delete your 1Password account

This documentation page shows you how to delete your account. Afterwards, you can create a new one with a password you know :+1:

This discussion has been closed.