Cannot log in using old iPad

dmercer
dmercer
Community Member

I resurrected an old iPad I had lying around and installed 1Password on it. Apparently, the current version is not compatible with the iPad, but I could download the “last compatible version,” which I did. App starts up OK, but I cannot log into my account. I scan the QR code for my account and then enter my password, but I always get the error “Check Your Email and Secret Key.” I have checked, double-checked, triple-checked everything. Is the issue that my iPad is old and is no longer supported? Please advise. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dmercer!

What exact version of the 1Password app have you installed on this iPad?

• dmercer
    dmercer
    Community Member

@ag_ana How can I determine that? The settings for the app does not have a version number, and the app itself doesn't have anything until I log in, which I can't do.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dmercer:

Understood, I thought you were already inside the app, and trying to add your account from there. Even if we cannot check it from the app itself, I think this might be happening because of the fact that it's an old version of iOS with an old version of the 1Password app. For security reasons, we don't allow old clients to connect, and I think this is what is happening to you.

If you look at the system requirements for 1Password for iOS, you can see that 1Password version 7 is required to use 1Password accounts in the app. This, in turn, requires iOS 12.2, but if you are running iOS 10.3.3 (like you wrote in your first post), the maximum version of the 1Password app that you can install is version 6, which does not allow you to add 1Password accounts.

This discussion has been closed.