Option to remain in Watchtower list

When working in "lists" available through the Watchtower option I find it unhelpful that I am thrown out of the list upon deleting an entry. Typically I would like to stay in the list to review other items for revisions/deletions.

1Password Version: Beta Windows 8
Extension Version: Windows desktop
OS Version: Win 7 Pro
Sync Type: standard

Comments

• Dayton_ag
    edited July 2021

Hey there @johanus, thanks so much for writing in! I can definitely see how getting pushed out of Watchtower when editing/moving/deleting items makes cleaning up these lists cumbersome - I've filed this feedback along for the Dev team to look into, to see if we can make this process easier. Feel free to reach out with any further thoughts or feedback! :smile:

ref: /dev/core/core/#6872

• mgargan1
    mgargan1
    Community Member

Hi @Dayton_ag , I too find it really frustrating to get out of the list after each edit. Rather than create a new post for the same issue, I figured I'd just reply here. I would like the Dev team to know that I'm frustrated with this too.

In a semi-related note, when trying to find a workaround for this, I discovered that I'm unable to export selected items in the new version. I'm not sure whether or not this is a known issue, but I didn't see anything in the message boards. So I created a separate post for that here.

• @mgargan1 Thanks so much for sharing this feedback - I've added your voice to the list.

With regard to your second question, I'll follow up with you in the other thread. :smile:

• will
    will
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open watchtower and select one of the sets of items (weak passwords, unsecured websites, or inactve 2fa)
    2. select an item in the list
    3. Select More options > Archive item

Expected result: After archiving, view stays on the list of items I was viewing
    Actual result: After archiving, view changes back to "All Items"

I've confirmed that archiving an item from either a search result listing or the Favorites list stays on those lists as expected. So far, it only seems to navigate away from Watchtower lists.

1Password Version: 8.1.2-62.BETA
    Extension Version: 2.0.5
    OS Version: Windows 11 Pro 21H2 (Build 22000.100)
    Sync Type: my.1password.com

• will
    will
    Community Member

Ah, looks like this is likely a duplicate of https://1password.community/discussion/121906/option-to-remain-in-watchtower-list. That didn't show up in my initial search.

• will
    will
    Community Member

Just ran into this myself, and ended up inadvertently filing a duplicate issue: https://1password.community/discussion/122227/watchtower-view-changes-to-all-items-after-archive#latest

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@will:

No worries, I have merged your comments into the existing discussion, so we have everything in one place :+1:

This discussion has been closed.