Will 1Password 8 have a stand-alone license?

I am just looking for information regarding a standalone license statement for 1Password 8, really not looking for sales speeches regarding any subscription plans as I have severe allergic reactions to any form of subscriptions. Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gustsant!

You can find the statement from our founder Dave in his post in this discussion :+1:

• gustsant
    gustsant
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately it looks like it is time for me to leave 1Password behind and move to mSecure or Datavault, which is a shame as I have really enjoyed 1Password over the years.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

Hi @gustsant !

move to mSecure

Please keep in mind that mSecure doesn't have a browser extension available yet if you are a Windows user! The feature request for such an extension is more than 3 years old...

• gustsant
    gustsant
    Community Member

Thanks @DenalB . I was actually aware of that and had been posting in their forum asking when v6 is coming out as it will support it and just found out today that they will only support subscriptions for v6, so looks like DataVault it is.

• @gustsant

Thanks for all the years of your support, we wish you the best! Let us know if you'd ever like to give us another shot, we're here for you. 💙

This discussion has been closed.