1Password autofill broken in Firefox

zumi
zumi
Community Member

Hello - It seems the most recent Firefox plugin has broken autofill on websites, at least using my typical workflow. Normally, I'd invoke 1Password mini when I see a login prompt, use the arrow keys to select the login I need to use, and then hit enter to have those values autofilled.

Now, in Firefox, when I try to hit enter on the selected entry, instead of autofilling the credentials, a new tab is opened to the web address saved in the record (even if it is the same one I am already on). Trying to click the Autofill button produces the same results.

I've tried removing the 1Password extensions and reinstalling with no luck. any help?

1Password Version: 7.8.4
Extension Version: 2.0.1`
OS Version: macos 11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @zumi .

Sounds like you are using the workflow of our older 1Password Classic extension, which you can install from here: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

You currently have our newer 1Password in the browser installed, which works a bit differently. You can call upon it using CMD+. (Command + Period), or by clicking the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser (and not the 1Password icon in your Mac's menu bar where the clock is).
    You can learn more about the new 1Password in the browser here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

• rdela
    rdela
    Community Member

Hi @ag_yaron I have the same issue but this doesn't help me. I'm also not able to "unlock 1Password," even though the app and 1P mini/menubar app are both unlocked.

The icon has a small padlock on it and when I click it, it opens:
    moz-extension://[…]/app/app.html#/page/welcome

1Password is ready to go! 🎉
    Click [/images/icons/app_icon-light_bg-color-locked-24.svg] in your toolbar to unlock 1Password.

But clicking on that again does nothing.
    Neither does Command + Period.

• rdela
    rdela
    Community Member

The 1Password Classic extension does work, but I don't understand why the regular and beta extensions are both totally unusable in Firefox now.

• @rdela

Since we're already communicating via email, let's continue our conversation there.

ref: WTI-79831-792

This discussion has been closed.