1Password asking for master password to enable TouchID every time I invoke it

2»

Comments

• JimmyTheSaint
    JimmyTheSaint
    Community Member

I haven't had the problem in a long time. I'm on MacOs 11.5, 1P 7.8.6 (70806001). I forget exactly when I got out of the beta channel.

• That's great to hear JimmyTheSaint. PS. Love the community name. ;)

• JeroenVdb
    JeroenVdb
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

@ag_tommy I followed your instructions but this did not yet solve the problem. 1Password is still asking for my master password to activate touch ID, I give it, lock it back up and 1Password again asks for the master password, no touch ID possible.

I'm now on:
    1Password 7
    Version 7.8.6 (70806001)
    1Password Store

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jeroenvb:

Have you tried both options (reinstalling the app and resetting the SMC)?

• JeroenVdb
    JeroenVdb
    Community Member

@ag_ana yes I tried both. First the reinstall, that did not help. Then I also have reset the SMC once more.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JeroenVdb:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• JeroenVdb
    JeroenVdb
    Community Member

@ag_ana the support id is: #QSB-23884-721

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JeroenVdb:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: QSB-23884-721

This discussion has been closed.