Windows Hello Not activating on the first try

Options
Skijackz
Skijackz
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Currently on version 2.0.5

After logging into my Lenovo X1 Carbon with my fingerprint reader, I'm asked to enter my password instead of using my fingerprint reader (Lenovo X1 Carbon) in Chrome. Once I've logged in my using my password, if I need to login again (closed browser, Chrome times out) Windows Hello will be available in 1Password.

Any ideas why on the initial login to 1Password I'm not getting the ability to use Windows Hello?

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Win 10 1909
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Skijackz!

When you say "after logging into the laptop", do you mean after a reboot, or even after locking Windows? The reason I ask is because for security reasons, there are cases where you will need to enter your password even if you have Windows Hello configured:

• If your face or fingerprint isn’t recognized, or there was an error on your companion device.
    • If you’re trying to change your Master Password
    • If you’ve restarted 1Password, including after updating 1Password or restarting your PC
  • Skijackz
    Skijackz
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, it's the restarting the PC. I was thinking that I could use Windows Hello after I login after a reboot but what you are saying is that if I reboot, I'll need to enter a password first and then I can use Windows Hello?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is correct @Skijackz :+1:

This discussion has been closed.