Lost formatting on some of my notes...

...and TAB while editing note doesn't work now.

Some of my saved sites that used to show in suggestions don't show now. I'm having use search to find them now.

Comments

• Hi @caduceus26. I'm sorry to hear you've encountered these issues - what you've described about notes losing formatting is odd. Would you be able to send us a screenshot so we can get a sense of what might be going on here?

Also, if you'd like assistance with sites not showing up in search, and so on, we'll be happy to help you with that in an email conversation. You can find us at support+windows@1Password.com. We want to make sure everything 1Password is working properly for you!

• caduceus26
    caduceus26
    Community Member

Sure. I have a note where I track health vitals. You can see where the columns headings and the numbers beneath are all collapsed together. Those were all tabbed out with the numbers neatly arranged under the headings pre-beta. Trying to tab these out now just results in the cursor jumping to the next field (Add more items, add Tag, etc.) Another strange change from the original note is the font change between the end of June and beginning of July.

• @caduceus26

Do you have Markdown support enabled? Please try with it disabled that may help.

• caduceus26
    caduceus26
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

Thanks for the reply. I disabled Markdown support and it made a difference. It appears to have somewhat aligned the header columns and some of the text below, but not all. It also took care of the font change issue. However, the tabs key is still not working. I tried it with INS on and off. It still tabs to the next open field where it used to tab the text in front of the cursor to the next tab location. Here is what it looks like now:

• Hi @caduceus26, so sorry for the delay here. I'm glad to hear that disabling Markdown helped a little - the reason that this had an effect on the text is that Markdown syntax dictates that text preceding 3 or more hyphens ("---") where no line break is present indicates a heading, and will render the text in larger, bolder type. If you'd like to keep Markdown around, you can add a line break before and after the string of hyphens, and this will cause 1Password to render that string as a dividing line, and will not format the above text as a heading - here's how that would look in a note:

example sentence

------

example sentence

the tabs key is still not working. I tried it with INS on and off. It still tabs to the next open field where it used to tab the text in front of the cursor to the next tab location

Thanks for this feedback, I definitely see the benefit of using tab in notes to format them - I'll pass this feedback along to the Development team to see if this can be improved upon.

Apologies again for the delay here - thanks again for sharing this feedback, it's very helpful! Let us know if you notice anything else. :smile:

ref: /dev/core/core/#9246

• caduceus26
    caduceus26
    Community Member

Not a problem on the reply. Thanks for getting back with this useful information.

• Not a problem! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.