Dark mode hits 1Password.community

It's here. :sunglasses:

The theme will switch automatically between light/dark depending on your OS/browser preferences. If you've got your OS set for dark mode and aren't seeing it, you may need to clear your browser cache. Please let me know if you spot any issues.

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Great! Thank you very much for the dark mode. :+1:

If there are any issues, I'll come back here. ;)

• <3

Ben

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member

Is this available for iOS Safari?

I tried removing the website data for this site and opening the forum again, but no dark mode.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2021

@jcsully217

I was able to get Dark mode in iOS Safari by requesting the desktop version.

• Mobile uses a completely different theme I'm afraid. I'll investigate what it would take to get dark mode working there. Until then as Tommy said it should be possible to request the desktop site on iOS and see dark mode that way.

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Yes. Requesting the desktop version enables the dark mode on iOS.

It would be great if you could bring the dark mode into the mobile version too. 👍

• Unfortunately the classic mobile themes don't offer the ability to provide custom HTML/CSS. Vanilla has a newer theming system available, where the desktop and mobile theme aren't separate entities, but switching to that would be a massive undertaking at this point. We've basically built our own theme within the classic theming system and would be starting fresh in the new system. As such I don't believe we're going to be able to offer dark mode other than through the desktop site in the foreseeable future. Sorry. :frown:

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

@Ben
    No problem. 👍
    But did you change something just in time? The mobile version looks a bit strange… I‘m using Safari browser on iOS 14.7.1.

When I wrote the last answer here, everything was fine. 🤔

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DenalB:

But did you change something just in time?

Can you please elaborate? What do you mean exactly?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Just look my screenshot @ag_ana . There is a big 1Password logo on team members… 🤔

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Just removed all of the website data from Safari and it still looks different. Could it be that you enabled a new theme?

Everything looks much bigger than before… 🤔

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @DenalB, I didn't understand what you mean by "just in time" :+1: And yes, it looks like the Vanilla developers refreshed the main theme as well :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    4 hours ago the old theme was enabled and everything looked good. 🤔

But it’s okay. I think the developers are aware of this and will fix this. 👍

• That was me. Was seeing if any of the themes had any customization options. They unfortunately do not. Will put it back to the original mobile theme. :+1:

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Ah yeah. Much better now. Thanks a lot @Ben ! ❤️

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.