1password does nothing in firefox

Options

Hello,
I just started trial with 1password for Windows 10. I want to use it in firefox.
1.I added the extension for 1 password
2. I signed in using https://start.1password.com/signin/
3. I filled in the login info for site
4. Thats all 1 password does is go to the site- no icons appear, nothing is filled in
5. if I try the same thing from the desktop app, it goes to site on Edge and does the same thing.
What is the undocumented secret here? This is supposed to be a password manager.
Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• sl91911
    sl91911
    Community Member
    Options

I signed up for trial. I added Mozilla Firefox extension (Win 10). I can only get to 1PW by web access (https://start.1password.com/signin/). 1PW does nothing but go to websites with no sign in and no 1PW icon on Firefox toolbar. This is an unbelievably terrible experience. If there is actually a way to get 1PW to work on Firefox please let me know or I will not be able to stay with the product. It needs to be spelled out. Be aware that I am very experienced computer user and have used other PW managers without such problem, Please help.

)

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sl91911!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent several emails about this, and that my colleague Trace has been helping you over there already. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your emails as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: HBF-23357-249

• sl91911
    sl91911
    Community Member
    Options

Still no help. no one has gotten back to me. What is going on? Perhaps no one is helping because there are indeed problems with Firefox and 1PW. I am trying to like this product, but you are making it hard. If I do not get information on how to make 1PW work with Firefox and if it can be trusted with Firefox (which updates periodically) I will consider writing a review reflecting my experience on the appropriate websites.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sl91911 – I'm sorry to hear about the trouble! I see my colleague, Nhat, has reached out to you via email. Nhat's on the extensions team with me, and I'm confident he'll be able to get you back up and running in Firefox. If you wouldn't mind, let's try to keep everything to a single thread to avoid confusion. If you haven't checked your email recently, please do that, and we'll continue the conversation there. :)

This discussion has been closed.