Can't login to app with fingerprint but can login to mini

Carroll
Carroll
Community Member

I can't login to 1P app with my fingerprint on my 16" MacBook Pro, but I can login to the mini with my fingerprint. Is there a fix to this?

1Password Version: 7.8.6 (70806001)
Extension Version: 7.8.6
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2021

Hey @Carroll

Can you let me know what you mean when you say mini? When we hear it we refer to the one at the top of the screen in the menubar. I believe you may be referring to something different. Perhaps the extension button or the inline menu?

Here's how to quit 1Password completely using our helper in the menu bar. This may resolve any trouble.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock
    4. Open your browser.
  • Carroll
    Carroll
    Community Member

I'm referring to 1Password mini in the menu bar.

I followed your instructions maybe 25 times. 1Password will unlock with my fingerprint if iPassword mini is not running. Otherwise, 1Password will usually not unlock with my fingerprint. Occasionally it will, but usually not. A restart of the computer after quitting 1Password doesn't change anything.

• @Carroll

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/122271/cant-login-to-app-with-fingerprint-but-can-login-to-mini#latest
    • Your forum username: Carroll

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.