Biometric unlock second try?

JALTT
JALTT
Community Member
edited July 2021 in Android

I'm not sure if this is me alone but I've noticed that if my biometric login for 1password doesn't work for whatever reason (dirty finger, bad placement etc) , I don't have a second or third try. That's it. The finger print scanner is gone. I have to close the app and reopen it to try again.

Is this by design or is it a bug? All apps I've used that enables biometric login allows multiple tries.

I've made a recording of what happens:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjGXVzekDHBboMckyn6nJDW8cGzIrw

I'm using:

OnePlus 6T McLaren
Android 10
Oxygen OS 10.3.12
1Password for Android 7.7.7

Comments

• Hello @JALTT thanks for reaching out to us!

The behavior you described is not by design and sounds like a bug. There are known issues with OnePlus 6T devices performing biometric unlock. The issue you're seeing is caused by the fact that the OnePlus 6T overrides our own biometric prompt with theirs.

I can understand how frustrating it must be to close and restart 1Password after one failed attempt. You could disable biometric unlock and enable pin unlock from Settings > Security. With pin unlock you will still need to enter your account password when 1Password is closed completely.

https://support.1password.com/android-pin-code/

• JALTT
    JALTT
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

Thanks for the response @ag_timothy . I know there will be an update for the 6/6t soon.

Have there been any tests on the open beta of oxygen os11 for the 6/6t to see if this issue remains?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JALTT:

I don't believe there have been any beta tests. If you would like to give it a try and report back though, we would definitely be grateful!

• JALTT
    JALTT
    Community Member

@ag_ana @ag_timothy OnePlus released a stable build of ANDROID 11 for the 6t and I'm happy to say that I can do multiple attempts when my finger is not recognized on the 1Password app without having to close the app :) 8-)

• Hello @JALTT

Thanks for taking the time to update us! I'm glad to hear OnePlus put out an update that enabled you to better use biometric unlock.

This discussion has been closed.