I am completely stuck - my Mac simply will not synch 1 password with me phone etc. I am not tech an

Options
APBradley
APBradley
Community Member

I am running the latest password 7. my phone is up to date

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:synch over I cloud

Comments

• APBradley
    APBradley
    Community Member
    Options

In my Mac app I have 3 vaults (none called Primary) in my I phone and on I pads I have a value called Primary and it says it has never synched

• APBradley
    APBradley
    Community Member
    Options

1 password shows 3 vaults (all the data is in one called Private). On my I phone there are the same 3 vaults but an additional vault called Primary. It says that is the vault on I cloud. The systems simply do not synch. If I go into the synching it says synching service I cloud but never stops saying synching and says "never synched". There is no simple instruction video and I can't understand all the tech speak on the various sites

• APBradley
    APBradley
    Community Member
    Options

another problem which makes no sense - in the I phone version there are categories that do not appear on the Mac app - on the mobile version you can add categories (eg wireless router) these are not on the main program so how does all this work and synch???

• Hello @APBradley! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with seeing different vaults and items on different devices and I'm happy to clarify and help you straighten this out.

Your Private vault is part of your 1Password account and comes built-in with your 1Password account. The other two vaults that you mentioned may be shared vaults if you have a 1Password Families membership or vaults that you created at some point.

The Primary vault is not part of your 1Password account. Primary standalone vaults were used before we introduced 1Password accounts.

I recommend that you move/copy any items that you'd like to keep from the Primary vault into your Private vault. Then you can delete the Primary vault from your devices. You can follow this guide: Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

You should see the "Wireless Router" category as an option on both your phone and your Mac. Can you try the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on the + button next to the search field.

Do you see "Wireless Router" as an option?

This discussion has been closed.