Missing the password only in android

Options
yi_Xu
yi_Xu
Community Member
edited August 2021 in Android

I have saved the account information about mathworks.com in my 1password. I can see the password in both the Windows 10 and the web. But I can not see the same password in android! The password disappeared only!

1. I have checked the modified date in both the windows and the web, the date is the same as the android.
  2. I have signed out the account of the android and sign in to the same account again, It has got no changes.

Can it provide a display of the last synchronization time?

1Password Version: 7.7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android 11

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yi_Xu!

If you open this item in the Android app, and tap on Edit, are you able to see the password in this view?

• yi_Xu
    yi_Xu
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana I try it but got an empty password. The new item in windows can be synchronized. I try to edit the information in windows, and can be seen the information in android, but got the empty password also.

• yi_Xu
    yi_Xu
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana What I mean is that I modified the remark information of mathworks without changing the password information. After saving, the remark information can be synchronized to android, but the part of the password that has not been changed is empty on android.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yi_Xu:

Do you mind posting a screenshot from 1Password for Windows and a screenshot from 1Password for Android, so we can see exactly what you are seeing? Please make sure you mask the email or username field so you don't post any personal information on the forum :+1:

• yi_Xu
    yi_Xu
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana: Thank you for your reminder, here is the screenshot in Windows.

Here is the test in windows and the modified date.

Here is the full screenshot in android, and can not see the password and can see the test, and it can see that it have the same modified time.

and this is the edit mode in android and it also got empty password.

• @yi_Xu, I'm sorry you're not seeing your password in this particular item on your Android device. That's certainly not the expected behaviour!

Could you answer a few questions:
    1. On which device did you first create this item?
    2. Are you experiencing the same issue on any of your other items in the same vault? If so, are you experiencing the same issue on any of your items in other vaults?
    3. If you create a new test Login in the same vault on the same device where you created this item, can you see the password on your Android device?

• yi_Xu
    yi_Xu
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_audrey, I tried to re-register on the website and generate the item, and found some clues, and the direct cause of this problem.

1. I am performing related operations on the registration page, so there will be an entry for confirming the password. In the password field, since there is no suggestion, I use the suggested password.

1. After selecting this, there will be a dialog box to save the item, and there is only one password, no username.

If I save it here and edit it later, there is no problem, and I can view it on the android side.

The following is the situation where the problem is reproduced.

1. Delete the content of password.

1. Reselect the suggested generated password as prompted.

It can be seen that if it is generated at this time, the password and the confirmed password will be different, so two passwords appear in the prompt box, and there is also no username.

I considered the use later, so I cleared the second password, but could not delete this box.

And if only one password is saved, there will be no redundant password box.

Finally, when I check these two items on the Android side, I will find the item with the username 1 and the password can be seen, while the item with the username 2 can not see the password.

I think, if you can provide to delete the second password box in the item with the username 2, it will solve this problem. Otherwise, I can only recreate an item with only one password box.

• Hey @yi_Xu, thank you so much for your screenshots, detailed explanation, and patience. We apologize for the delay in response. I've passed your report along to our development team to investigate. I hope you don't mind if we reach back out if they have any questions!

In the meantime, please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with :)

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1420

This discussion has been closed.