On BigSur with Browser Safari Technology Preview the focus changing to normal safari

Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When automatically filling up the password on 'Safari Technology Preview' - version 128 the focus changes to normal Safari browser. OS is BigSur Please help.

Not sure if this is already raised.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Abhijit

What bowser do you have set as default? Thanks in advance.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

@ag_tommy Normal 'Safari' ver 14.1.1.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Waiting for the updates please.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@Abhijit You will need to set Safari Technology Preview as your default browser in System Preferences>General if you want to have it launch automatically.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Abhijit:

Let us know if vplewis's suggestion helped :+1:

• @Abhijit

My apologies. I could have sworn I replied to you. :frown:

• Terethlor
    Terethlor
    Community Member

I have come across a similar issue when using Safari Technology Preview, even though my default browser was set to a a different third-party browser like Firefox or Brave. When Safari Technology Preview is open and I click on 1Password in the menu bar, it will open Safari instead of extending 1Password in the menu bar.
    Not sure whether that warrants it's own discussion/ticket, but it definitely seems related imho.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Terethlor:

Safari and Safari Technology Preview behave a bit differently than other browsers. You can read the details posted by some of our developers on this topic in this discussion :+1:

This discussion has been closed.