[Missing Feature] Sort by Vault

Hi there,

I just tried out the early access version of the Windows desktop application, and I see that the "Sort by Vault" item was removed from the list sorting menu. Is that planned to be added back in soon? It's also missing on the mobile version of the app (Android, to be specific).

It was available on the latest stable release of 1Password 7 (the desktop application) as seen here :

Here are the sort options for the latest 1P 8 early access version :

1Password Version: 8.1.2-62.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1

Comments

• Hi @srcLegend, thanks for the question!

1Password 8 is generally meant to make finding and using items across vaults as easy as possible. Can I ask what's the virtue of sorting by vault, for you?

Maybe there's either a different approach in the app already, depending on your use case, or potentially a feature request I could make on your behalf.

• srcLegend
    srcLegend
    Community Member

Searching and finding is all fine, but I personally like to use vaults as separate categories, so that, i.e, when I need to go through all of my banking accounts, I can quickly go through all of them in one go.

• @srcLegend Thanks so much for sharing your use-case! In this case, I would suggest trying out the Tags feature: https://support.1password.com/favorites-tags/

Grouping items together by tag is a great way to organize items, and you can search by tag to show all items that share a specific tag (Banking, for example). Tags can even be nested, so you can nest tags such as Credit Cards and Savings within a more expansive Banking tag, allowing you to narrow down your search even further.

Thanks, let me know what you think! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.