Apple ID issues

danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator
edited August 2021 in Lounge

I am having trouble signing in to one of Apple's pages with my Apple ID. I have no reason to assume any problem with my account EXCEPT that the password is not recognised. I have tried copying from the relevant entry in 1PW and pasting it in, and also just typing it in. And typing into a text editor and rag-and-drop, just to make sure I have typed the text ok.

The page I am trying to access is https://identity.apple.com/pushcert (where I have a certificate for Prey to help if my devices are lost or stolen). I have a vague recollection that very occasionally my password has not been accepted on other pages needing Apple ID.

I am wondering if the problem is at my end (I can't see how given the approaches I have tried), if Apple just has occasional problems in verifying an ID, or if there is a real issue. Again, I can't see how my account could have been compromised, given that all the syncing, connection to app stores, etc, are working ok.

I don't really want to change my passowrd if I can avoid it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @danco!

I have tried copying from the relevant entry in 1PW and pasting it in, and also just typing it in.

If you have tried all methods of entering the password, and they all gave you the same result, perhaps it's worth reaching out to Apple Support to check if there are any issues with your Apple ID, or if the problem is with the website.

I initially wanted to suggest you to reset your password, but since you mentioned that all other Apple services are working for you, I am not sure that would be very useful.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I finally succeeded in getting in, though it was rather weird. Changed my password, with only a very tiny change, so easy to remember. Apple confirmed the changed password.

Tried to log in using the (stored) Apple ID and password copied from 1PW. Failed. Also failure when I tried entering the password into a text editor and copying or dragging it.

Got there in the end by saying "use another Apple ID", entering the same ID as before, and typing in the new password.

Makes me wonder if passwords for an Apple ID aren't accepted if copied in, though I am sure they have been in the past.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@danco:

Makes me wonder if passwords for an Apple ID aren't accepted if copied in, though I am sure they have been in the past.

I have just tried logging in to my Apple ID with credentials pasted from 1Password, and it worked for me, so it looks like this is still working :+1:

This discussion has been closed.