Wie können Kategorien nach Daten import geändert werden?

Options

Hallo zusammen,
bis vor kurzem habe ich einen anderen Passwortmanager genutzt und bin jetzt ein paar Tage mit 1Passwort unterwegs. Nun habe ich meine bisherigen Passworte aus dem alten Safe per csv in 1Passwort importiert. Soweit sogut :) Anschließend würde ich aber gerne die Kategorien anpassen, jetzt ist alles unter Login eingetragen. Die würde ich gerne abändern, dies lässt das System/Programm aber nicht zu. Im Internet ist auch keine Hilfe zu finden. Hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen ;)
VG Felix

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Win10

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Fix83

Unfortunately the category cannot be changed (with the exception that Passwords can be upgraded to Logins).

What was your previous password manager, and do you still have it, or it’s export, available?

• Fix83
    Fix83
    Community Member
    Options

Hello MrC

i try it in English ;)
    Its really unfortunately.
    The previous password Manager is KeePass and available.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

The categories are actually form templates. Each form type has its own set of fields, so they cannot be converted from one to another. You also cannot add your own categories, they are hardcoded by 1Password. They cannot be changed and not assigned. You use categories if you want to create a new entry to get a set of default fields, but afterwards they are of no real use.

The solution you're looking for are tags. To make your own categories, assign tags to your entries and ignore the pre-made categories.
    If you use the sophisticated importer made by @MrC (see here: https://1password.community/discussion/101693/moving-to-1password-from-another-password-manager) instead of just importing a csv, it might be possible that it is able to take over an existing categorization system from your old password manager as tags in 1Password.

ps.
    if you have trouble with English language, use one of the translation services, for example Deepl https://www.deepl.com/translator or Google translate https://translate.google.com/. These became really good for German/English the last years.
    If you use Chrome as browser, right-click on a webpage and in the context menu, choose "Auf Deutsch übersetzen". This makes many foreign-language webpages inline translated to German.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options

@Fix83

There are both keepass2 and keepassx converters in the converter suite, but both of those KeePass variant password managers essentially support only Logins. While custom fields can be added, they are unique to your configuration.

If you have an obvious set of fields that can be used to indicate some other target 1Password category, I'd be happy to help you customize one of the converters in the suite to meet your needs. The idea is that we define the field-to-category mapping prior to conversion / import so that the results are satisfactory to you.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Felix!

Solltest du weiterhin Hilfe in Deutsch benötigen, komme gern zu mir ins Discord ( h-t-t-p-s://discord.com/invite/tUM5h92/ ). Dort kann ich versuchen, dir in Deutsch weiterzuhelfen. ;)

Hi Felix!

If you still need help in German language, just join me on Discord. I can try to help you there with all your questions in German. ;)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Thanks @DenalB

If you need any pointers re: the converter suite, just reach out to me at my email address (in the convert.pl script), or Discord.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the offer @MrC ! 🙏

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you everyone for the support :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.