Hide on this page / disable for certain input fields

Options
mathiasw
mathiasw
Community Member
edited August 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

The password selection popup using the browser plugin (Chrome, Edge) is shown on many fields which in my opinion do not have to do with what is stored in the password manager. For example it shows when only an e-mail address input is required (see screenshot), or on address input fields like directions which are not stored in the password manager.

Additionally when selecting "Suggestions -> Hide on this page" this seems to affect the current session, but when opening the page the next time, the popup shows again.

I would hope to see the popup to be more selective on which fields it opens. Or it would be helpful to have the modal in a closed state and only when clicking on the round 1Password icon in the input field it opens.

In any case in my opinion the "hide on this page" selection should add the page as general exception to not show it at all.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mathiasw!

For example it shows when only an e-mail address input is required (see screenshot), or on address input fields like directions which are not stored in the password manager.

Are you able to share a URL to this page so we can test it?

Additionally when selecting "Suggestions -> Hide on this page" this seems to affect the current session, but when opening the page the next time, the popup shows again.

Indeed, this is currently the behavior :+1: But I will let the developers know that you would also like to have a more permanent setting for this.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#832

Or it would be helpful to have the modal in a closed state and only when clicking on the round 1Password icon in the input field it opens.

You can go to the extension settings and unselect the option Show autofill menu on field focus if you prefer ;)

• mathiasw
    mathiasw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,

Thanks for your reply!

I cannot share the specific example from before because it was part of a payment form, which was quite far along in the process of payment. But you can have a look at this page, which is a generic registration form example. 1Password shows in all address fields.

I'm not sure if the behavior changed today (using Edge), because now the modal does not show anymore, but the 1Password icon is still shown. Clicking on the icon does not do anything, not even open the application.

Regarding the settings: where do I find this setting? On my settings page (Edge and Chrome) I do not see the setting you mentioned.

Regarding "hide on this page": I think there was an exclusion list for certain domains in previous versions. I unfortunately don't see this in the new beta version anymore. In my case, I used this a lot for localhost, internal and/or banking websites, so it would really be useful to have this feature back.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mathiasw:

But you can have a look at this page, which is a generic registration form example. 1Password shows in all address fields.

I see what you mean now: this is the expected behavior at the moment. Even if you don't have Identity items in 1Password, the 1Password extension still lets you know that it is able to fill address items on those forms. I don't believe there is a way to tell 1Password not to show up at all for a specific category of items at the moment.

Regarding the settings: where do I find this setting? On my settings page (Edge and Chrome) I do not see the setting you mentioned.

Directly inside the 1Password extension's settings. If you open the browser extension, you can see the gear icon on the right:

And if you click on that and then on Settings, you can see the settings page with that option too:

This discussion has been closed.