Linux syncing

DiiJay
DiiJay
Community Member

1P updates made in Windows appear in the IOS app and the Windows/Linux based browser extensions, but do not appear in the Linux desktop app even when locked and re-opened. How does the app know where to find its data ?

1Password Version: 8.1.1
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04.2
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• Hi @DiiJay, I'm sorry to hear this! It sounds like you're having some sync issues. If you can email us at [email protected], I'll be happy to help you get this sorted out. Please make sure to include a link to this discussion so we know it's you, as well! 👍

About your question: 1Password keeps a copy of your data synced on our secure servers. That way, if any of your devices break (or are stolen), you don't lose access to your data - as long as you've got an Emergency Kit stored somewhere safe, you can always log in at 1Password.com to get your stuff back.

However, we also don't want you to be dependent on an internet connection to be able to access your data. For that reason, 1Password also establishes local copies of your data on each device where 1Password is installed (it's a sqlite file). That way you can still access your data under nearly any conditions. It does, however, mean that from time to time things can get a little misaligned. The causes vary, but that's likely why you're experiencing this issue now.

Again, we'll be happy to help resolve this for you. Doing that will require dealing with some specifics on your device, so let's do that in a private email conversation and we'll get you back up and running as quickly as possible!

• DiiJay
    DiiJay
    Community Member

email sent

• Sounds great, thanks @DiiJay :smile: You should receive a Conversation ID that looks something like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. When you receive it, could you paste it here? I'll make sure we follow up with you there.

• justincredible
    justincredible
    Community Member

I'm also having this problem. For others affected by this, I was able to install 1Password from the .deb file on the official site. That version works.

The version that doesn't work for me is a Snap.

• PeterG_1P
    edited August 2021

Hi @justincredible, I have replied to your inquiry by email. 👍 Let's continue the conversation there so as to keep the troubleshooting process tidy!

(and thanks for specifying that Snap didn't work, but .deb did!)

This discussion has been closed.