1Password Chrome extension no longer using my 1Password app password on Mac

Options

I use command \ softkey to open 1Password extension and fill a password, and that works in Safari but no longer in Chrome. Instead, there is a 1Password icon in the account sign-in fields and the password that it wants is my 1Password master password. I am a little frustrated. This is a relatively recent change. Now, for example, every time I attempt command \ in Chrome my 1Password app opens and requests that I install the 1Password extension, which is already installed for Chrome. When I click on the 1Password icon in the log-on field (which does not work consistently) 1Password required my master password. I seem to have a case of dueling 1Password passwords. I'm a little frustrated by the change. What I would like is to be able to consistently use command \ to fill logon information in Chrome.

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: mac OS 11.5
Referrer: forum-search:different password for chrome 1password extension than for 1password app

Comments

• @jhooper

It sounds as if you have 1Password in the browser installed. You'll likely want the classic extension. Can you check to see what you have installed?

Get the 1Password classic extension

• jhooper
    jhooper
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I think that was it. It looks like I had two extensions installed at the same time. Not sure how that happened. In any event, I removed both and installed the classic extension per your instructions and it is looking like it works as I had hoped it would. Thanks again.

• You're most welcome. Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.