Not receiving newsletter anymore

Options
DaveyDave
DaveyDave
Community Member
edited June 2021 in Lounge

Hi. I haven't received the newsletter for a long time. I used to receive it without problems, and I have verified that it isn't delivered to my junk/spam folder. I've also signed up for the newsletter many times at https://1password.com/newsletter/, but I never receive the confirmation email. To test, I've had family members temporarily add their email accounts to my email client and sign up using the browser on my computer, and they receive the confirmation email within a few minutes.

The email address that I am using is the same one I use as the family organizer. I do receive membership related messages from 1Password.

Do you have any suggestions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:newsletter

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @DaveyDave

We don't send newsletters super often. We sent one on May 3rd about our Secrets Automation launch, and prior to that we sent one January 28th. Did you reeceive either of those? Also, please don't post your email address here, but is the email address associated with your forum account the one you want to receive the newsletter?

Please let me know.

Ben

• DaveyDave
    DaveyDave
    Community Member
    Options

I found out about those newsletters from others, but I didn’t receive either of them.

The email address I use with the forum account is the one I want to use for the newsletter as well.

Thank for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the confirmation @DaveyDave. We have asked the team to check this on their end, we will send you an update as soon as we have one :+1:

• DaveyDave
    DaveyDave
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I'm still not receiving any newsletter emails, and the confirmation email still doesn't show up if I try to register again. (I continue to check the junk/spam folders.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DaveyDave:

We can take a closer look for you. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• DaveyDave
    DaveyDave
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding. I've sent my email address and received the following support ID:

[#GYL-82196-151]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DaveyDave:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: GYL-82196-151

• DaveyDave
    DaveyDave
    Community Member
    Options

I just received the following message regarding ticket number GYL-82196-151:

“ Hi there!

We're always looking for way to make 1Password even better. If you have some time, we'd be most grateful if you'd complete a very short survey:

1Password Customer Survey

The results will help us a lot. Thanks so much — we appreciate you!

Bitbot and the entire 1Password team. ❤️”

It was a strange message to receive because it referenced my support ticket number, but the survey didn’t have any questions related to my support experience. It only had questions about how I use 1Password.

It would have been beneficial if I was asked about my support experience since it’s been more than 6 months since I first reported the problem, and there has never been any follow up from your support staff.

After so much time has passed, I don’t expect there will ever be a resolution, so please feel free to close this ticket.

• DaveyDave
    DaveyDave
    Community Member
    Options

I know in December I suggested that this request be closed, but since it is still open, I'll point out that I still don't receive any newsletters, and only became aware of 1Password 8 for Mac yesterday when researching why icons weren't appearing in 1Password 7 mini.

• Hi @DaveyDave:

Thanks for following up on this. I've checked with the appropriate team, and they'll be in touch soon, please keep an eye out.

Jack

• DaveyDave
    DaveyDave
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I received an email from "1Password Team" earlier today with the subject "Confirmation of email preferences" and a note in the body stating "You recently joined the 1Password mailing list and told us that you want to receive emails from 1Password. Going forward, we'll let you know about new product and feature announcements, upcoming events, our newsletters, and tips on how to get the most out of a password manager."

It appears my problem is now solved.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

• Hey @DaveyDave:

You're very welcome. Thank you for your patience on this, and please get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.