Copy over iOS Settings / Passwords to 1Password

Options
zlinko
zlinko
Community Member

I recently got my husband to start using 1Password on our family account. But he already has a lot of password stored in the build in password manager for iOS in "Settings".

Is there a ways to transfer those logins to 1Password? Or will he have to manually re-enter them in 1Password?

Thanks,
Daniel

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @zlinko

I recently got my husband to start using 1Password on our family account.

That's great! 🎉

But he already has a lot of password stored in the build in password manager for iOS in "Settings".

At the moment Apple doesn't offer any form of export for these passwords, and as such we have no way of importing them. With the next version of macOS it looks like Apple will be including an export, but that would require a Mac. Does he have access to a Mac he could use for the export? I don't know off-hand if iOS itself will be offering this. I suspect not.

Or will he have to manually re-enter them in 1Password?

If it comes to that what I typically recommend is entering them into 1Password as they're needed, rather than taking a day and doing a lot of manual work all at once. This also helps avoid migrating stale data that may no longer be needed at all.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.