Autofill address setting on Chrome browser

Options
trpote
trpote
Community Member

Recently, I noticed that my autofill on the Google Chrome browser stopped offering suggestions for names, addresses, and phone numbers. That function now seems to be controlled by 1Password. While I love 1Password for my secure information (passwords, banking, credit cards, etc) I much prefer the smooth integration of Google Chrome autofill for names, addresses, and phone numbers.

I found several other posts here and on other forums that suggest it is possible to make this selection in Google Chrome Settings > Autofill >> Passwords/Payment Methods/Addresses and more; however, I cannot get this to work properly. When I toggle 1Password off in the settings, it disables the plugin for all autofill. i.e. if I turn off 1Password in the "Addresses and more" section, it turns off the 1Password plugin for all of Google Chrome. If I then reenable the plugin it turns on for all autofill. There does not seem to be a way to only select 1Password for some autofill and not others. How do I turn off 1Password for "Addresses and more" while still using it for "Passwords" and "Payment methods"?

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: macOS 11.5.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @trpote!

How do I turn off 1Password for "Addresses and more" while still using it for "Passwords" and "Payment methods"?

You can turn off the option Make 1Password the default password manager in the extension settings:

So you can choose what to allow Chrome to continue filling, without disabling 1Password altogether :+1:

This discussion has been closed.