1Password not in sync, sometimes wont open

Options

Seems like for the past 1-2 months 1Password is not as reliable as it used to be.

Example 1:
I'm in Google Chrome. I updated my password on a website. 1Password Chrome plug-in did not realize I was updating an existing password. But that's fine. I know it doesn't always see this is happening. I click on the browser icon and the first item in the list is the website that I am on. I figure I'll just click the Edit button, paste in my new password and click Save. No problem. Except when I click the Edit button (2 or 3 or 4 times) nothing happens. No edit page appears. So I have no way of editing this entry in 1Password.

So, I click on the Windows Start menu and launch the 1Password app. It comes up. I select All Vaults and search for the website I was just on. No results. How can that be? The 1Password browser extension can find the web page. But it apparently doesn't exist in the Windows app. Don't these 2 components talk to each other? I jump into another browser (Firefox), click on the 1Password icon. Search for the site. OK, it's there. Good. Click on the Edit button. Nothing. So 3 for 3. I am not able to update a record in 1Password.

Example 2:
4 of us share passwords and so in our company 1Password account we created a Shared vault and we can all see/edit this vault. We've been using this for about a year so we know it's set up right. Except lately (maybe within the past 1-2 months) a co-worker will update a password. On his computer he can see and use the updated password. On someone else's computer they don't see the update.

So it's looking like 1Password is not behaving the way it used to.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10 20H2

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rocinante!

But it apparently doesn't exist in the Windows app. Don't these 2 components talk to each other?

It sounds like you might be using two sync methods. Does the Windows app perhaps have a vault named Primary?

Except lately (maybe within the past 1-2 months) a co-worker will update a password. On his computer he can see and use the updated password.

Do you see the change if you login to the 1Password.com account in a browser directly, and look at the vault there?

This discussion has been closed.