[Bug] Show In Large Type doesn't stay 'on top'

Whenever using the show in large type option for password fields the window doesn't retain it's 'on top' of all other windows behaviour as it did previously. Nor can it be alt+tab'd to after selecting another window, all other windows need to be minimised/moved to reveal the window again

1Password Version: 8.1.2-82BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1 (10.0.19043)

Comments

• Hey there @ashburton88 , thanks so much for writing in! I'm really sorry you're running into issues.

I just tested this out personally, and after opening a password in a large type window, I was able to click through to a couple different windows, and my large type password window stayed on top - I also tested this out with multiple monitors and just one, with the same result, and I was able to alt-tab between my active windows and the large type window.

Could you try rebooting your device, launching 1Password, and trying out the large type window again? I do apologize for asking for a reboot, but they often have surprisingly good results. Could you also confirm your version of 1Password with me? You can find that in the About section of 1Password's Settings - the Beta release is currently at 8.1.2-82.

Let me know how it goes, and we can keep the ball rolling from there. :smile:

• ashburton88
    ashburton88
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

Hi @Dayton_ag,

I've experienced this issue a number of times now. I've also just tested again and still have the same behaviour today. This comes following full shutdowns overnight every day. I'll happily reboot the device again now to check again.

I'm running 1Password version 8.1.2-82.BETA.

I'd be happy to create a dummy login in a blank vault and screen capture to show the behaviour happening if that would be of use.

EDIT: well, now this is odd! I've just created a dummy vault and new login, gone to record my screen to show the issue and it seems to be resolved (despite no reboot this evening and experiencing the exact issue only yesterday, on the same version of 1Password)

Whatever it was, seems to be resolved somehow!

• Hi @ashburton88, thank you for the details for this. We would love to have a screen capture of this issue to figure out where it comes from. Please, send away and we'll see what we can do to remedy this on our end!

This discussion has been closed.