Android app crash with elements of vaults created on the Linux desktop app

remym19
remym19
Community Member

Hi,

After creating a vault on the Linux desktop app, the Android app crashed when I try to access an element within the new vault.
It happened with a newly created vault with about 10 element moved into it and 2 other elements created within it.
I was able to reproduce it with an other vault that I created on the Linux desktop app with a single element created within it.

It happens when I try to access an element within a new vault from the search menu.
It also happens when I open one of the new vaults on the app, and then click on one of its items.
The content of the new vaults is displayed properly and the line of the element I try

When I say that the Android app crashes, I mean that it gets closed on its own.
It is still visible in the application switch menu.
After a few tries, Android tells me that "1Password always stops" and asks if I want to stop the app.

The Android app still works properly for accessing elements of the other vaults.

Android phone: Galaxy S10e, Android 11, 1Password app version 7.7.7

Does anyone already encountered this issue?
Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Rémy

1Password Version: Linux 8.1.1 (80101004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon (Kernel 5.4.0-80-generic)

Comments

• remym19
    remym19
    Community Member

As a workaround, I created a replacement vault with the Android app, and moved all the items to it from the Linux desktop app.
    The Android app works properly to access the elements within the replacement vault.

• Hey there @remym19, thank you so much for highlighting this - I'm really sorry you've been running into that issue!

Our Development team has been made aware of this, and they are actively working on getting this one resolved. When a resolution is available, it will be coming to the Android app - I'd suggest keeping auto-updates on for 1Password for Android, and you can keep an eye on our Android Release Notes page to keep up-to-date.

Let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

ref: /dev/android/onepassword-android/#1408

• remym19
    remym19
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

Hi @Dayton_ag
    Thanks for you reply.
    No problem, I'm happy to help by bringing you this feedback :)

• :smile: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.