Need Backup option for stand alone accounts

Unless I am missing something, it would be nice to have a tool in the program to allow a backup to be saved to an external drive. To do anything closer to a backup now is very tedious. To do a backup to an external drive now is very tedious. Have to click on 1PW in the menu, settings, backups, highlight the most recent locally saved backup, open the location of that backup, copy it and then paste it to the external drive. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Gator5000e!

Just so I understand your suggestion properly, although I think I know what you are referring to: are you using the external drive for an entire computer backup, or just for selected items?

• Gator5000e
    Gator5000e
    Community Member

I want to create a separate backup of my 1PW data on an external drive. For example, Quicken lets me make a backup of my data to external drives. Quicken creates its own backup to the local drive but I make multiple backup copies to my 3 external drives. I want to do the same with 1PW. If my main computer should ever crash, I want the data available for a restore/reinstall available from the external drive. Hope this makes sense.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Gator5000e:

Absolutely, got it! At the moment unfortunately there isn't a way to choose the backup destination from the 1Password app itself, but I will certainly be happy to pass your feedback to the team for future consideration :+1:

• Gator5000e
    Gator5000e
    Community Member

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @Gator5000e :+1: Let us know if you have any other suggestions :)

This discussion has been closed.