How To: Set Firefox as your default browser in Windows

Hi,

I went into my preferences and I want to make Firefox my default browser. The button is greyed out so it won't let me do it.
It has IE8 as the default now.

Thanks.

Comments

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi,

Is this from 1Password, as I'm sure it doesn't have the ability to choose your default browser.

Probably the easiest way to set Firefox as default browser is to go into Firefox Options, then Advanced settings, then click on Check Now:

Capture.JPG

And hopefully that should be enough to change your default browser.
  • Hi,

I went into Firefox and clicked on Check Now and Firefox is the default browser. When I go into 1 Password under preferences and then browsers, IE8 is checked off as the default and it won't let me check Firefox to make it the default browser.

Thanks.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2012
    There is no way to set your default browser in Windows via 1Password. That is controlled by the operating system.

Are you referring to the list of installed browsers extensions on the Browsers tab in 1Password's preferences?

20120707-1qsddrr2x2tu4gwr8e2p4gg7uq.png

Or are you referring to the "Open the Location in web browser" setting on the General tab?

20120707-x55mb1umtyids5qjbec1pq1eyn.png

If neither, could you post a screenshot so I can see what it is you mean by "IE8 is checked off as the default browser"? I'm not certain that I understand what your trouble is. Could you please describe in as much detail as possible the steps you are taking, and what you are [not] seeing happen? With some additional information and screenshot from you we can then provide you with specific assistance.

Please let me know. I'd love to get things sorted out.
  • zuzd
    edited July 2012
    Hi Khad,

I'm referring to the screen with the installed browers extensions. I must be running an older version of 1 Password because my screens don't look anything like yours.
    My version is 1.0.4.173.

I've attached some pictures.

Thanks.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    That is a very old version of 1Password from last year. Please install the latest version of 1Password for Windows by downloading it directly from our website:

https://agilebits.com/downloads/1Password/Windows

Then ensure that automatic updates are enabled and functioning in 1Password's preferences on the Updates tab. If you are behind a proxy server, you may need to configure 1Password for use with your proxy server on the Network tab.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble using the current version of 1Password.
This discussion has been closed.