Problems signing in

JCL1967
JCL1967
Community Member
edited August 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

If I sign in to 1password using my browser on internet my Master Password works. If I log in to a web site, Open Password pops up but my Master Password does not work.
Thanks
JC

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JCL1967!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

What version of the 1Password desktop app, 1Password browser extension, and operating system are you using on the device where this is happening?

• JCL1967
    JCL1967
    Community Member

1password version 7.7.810, Windows 10, Chrome Extension 2.0.5

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JCL1967:

Thank you! Have you perhaps changed your Master Password recently? And for confirmation, are you able to unlock the 1Password for Windows desktop app directly, instead of trying to open it through the Open 1Password browser button?

• JCL1967
    JCL1967
    Community Member

I verified and the password is still the same. I can unlock 1password for Windows. I copied it in browser and pasted it in 1password on my taskbar and it will not unlock.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JCL1967:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• JCL1967
    JCL1967
    Community Member

I tried to generate a diagnostic report but I get nothing. Any suggestions?
    JC

• Hi @JCL1967, if you message us at support+windows@1password.com, our team will be happy to help you figure this out. The specifics may depend on your system, but we'll make sure to get you up and running!

• JCL1967
    JCL1967
    Community Member

I am having problems with my Master Password. I can sign in to the 1Password web site with it. The Master password does no work to open the Windows app or if I login to a site where I need a password, when Open Password pops up the Master Password does not work. I even tried cutting and pasting the Master Password from I login to the 1Password website. That does not work either. Any suggestions?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JCL1967:

Thank you for the update. Have you already reached out to us via email, as my colleague Peter suggested? If so, can you please share with us the ticket number you received?

• JCL1967
    JCL1967
    Community Member

I never got a ticket number from anyone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @JCL1967, but you did email us at support+windows@1password.com, correct?

• JCL1967
    JCL1967
    Community Member

I sent an email to 1Password support community

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JCL1967:

This website you are writing on is the 1Password support community, and it does not accept emails: you write forum posts instead. What email address did you send your email to, and when? I can try to locate it manually in our system that way.

• JCL1967
    JCL1967
    Community Member

Sorry I looked at support options and selected Support Community. I just sent an email to support+windows@1password.com regarding the problem.
    JC

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JCL1967:

Got it, I have found your message! We will continue via email :+1:

ref: UWN-91295-239

This discussion has been closed.