Passwordless with Identifier First

Options

Hi,

I'm trying to have Identifier Frist Authentication Profile to work with Passwordless, is it possible?
I have two users in my Auth0 account:
1. User A - with Primary Identity Provider set as "email" (Passwordless)
2. User B - with Primary Identity Provider st as "database" (has password defined)

In the Identifier Frist login widget I put User A email and I would like to have the Passwordless widget in the next step but instead, I have login/password form, and User A can't log in to the app as he doesn't have a password defined.

How to make it work?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jachim!

Can you please share a URL where we can also test this?

• jachim
    jachim
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana thanks for your reply. My app isn't public, it is still in a test stage. But I can provide you a Client ID: LtFnyH7wGA7zcitNYGW6470ReZCEzcLn

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jachim ,

We need some further clarification here.
    What are we supposed to do with the Client ID you provided us with? Where does that go?

You wrote:

I'm trying to have Identifier Frist Authentication Profile to work with Passwordless

Is "Passwordless" a website? an app? or are you referring to an open standard that is passwordless?
    We need you to really walk us through on what you are trying to do with your 1Password app, where you are trying to do it (in your browser on a Mac computer? On your iPhone/Android?), and how we can access/test it ourselves to better figure out the situation.

The more info you can provide us with, the better.

• jachim
    jachim
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

I created a sample React app so you can test it: https://auth0-sample-rosy.vercel.app/

In my application, I have enabled two connections: Database (Username-Password-Authentication) and Passwordless (email).

The registration is disabled. Only users added by admin can log in to the app. I have added two users:

User 1 - he was added via Bulk Import without password and assigned to "email" connection: https://auth0.com/docs/users/bulk-user-imports. I would like the only way for him to log in to be Passwordless via code sent to his email.
    User 2 - he was added in the administration panel in a standard way and the password was specified for him. You can try to log in as this user, the password is "Test007$".

In the app, I have enabled Identifier Frist Authentication Profile:

I was hoping that it is working in such way that if I put into a login form User 1 email, Auth0 recognize that for this user a primary and the only connection is Passwordless and in the next step I will have Paswordless email form:

Instead, a standard form with a password appears but this user does not have a password so he can't log in...

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug? How to make it work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hey @jachim
    Thanks for the detailed explanation and examples.

If I understand things correctly, you're trying to get the login from to show up in a specific manner, but 1Password has no say on this matter, and it is well beyond the scope of our support. You might want to contact Auth0 support for this: https://support.auth0.com/

They will probably be able to help you set up this login process/form in the way that you'd like it to work.

In case I misunderstood your intentions and this issue does relate directly to 1Password and its autofilling abilities, please explain what you expect 1Password to do here, and what actually happens instead.

Thank you :)

This discussion has been closed.