1PW8 - Quick Access - Search is only possible for 1 item and new item requires restart of 1PW

Options

I found an issue in quick access. Following flow
1. Search for an item
2. Press enter - the item is opened in quick access (offers to Open & Fill etc. are shown)
3. Try to search for another item - thats not possible it sticks with the item opened from the first search- There is no way to "purge" the search results. need to restart 1Password complete to have a clear quick access

1Password Version: 80200044
Extension Version: 206
OS Version: 12.0 beta 21A5294g

Comments

• Hi @telephoneman2! Hope you're well :)

Quick Access is still a heavy work-in-progress (it was actually not originally planned for Early Access) with a lot of planned features, interactions and refinements not yet implemented. Currently, the only way to hide the More Actions menu once shown is to press left arrow. In the near future, we'll be supporting multiple ways of exiting More Actions to provide a smooth experience whether you're a keyboard or a mouse user.

Hope this helps for now, and we really appreciated your feedback on the Early Access!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

I reported the same issue, but after the original topic for macOS is split up I can no longer find my post...

PS: I additionally reported that the Copy One-Time-Password shortcut does not work.

• telephoneman2
    telephoneman2
    Community Member
    Options

@AG_Travis yes yes, do your development. Just reporting the bugs - not "complaining" 😊 1Password is the most important app I ever used - and I am always happy to see how it evolves. My first release I used was 1Password 3 and my Database had been migrated since then to all new release to cloud. So applause for your great work and im happy to help to get it perfect ;)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

PS: I additionally reported that the Copy One-Time-Password shortcut does not work.

The shortcut overlaps with Alfred's Clipboard History functionality, but even after disabling that in Alfred this shortcut does not work in Quick Access :cry:

• Hi @XIII !

Thanks for bringing that up and helping us escalate it. We're currently fixing the Copy-One-Time-Password shortcut on Mac - one of those stingers that slipped by as we were tying the bow on the Quick Access preview.

Hoping you continue to use Quick Access in the meantime and provide us with your valuable Early Access feedback :)

Cheers!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Hoping you continue to use Quick Access in the meantime

I'll try, but it wil be annoying me every day until this issue is fixed...

(I now have to log in manually in several Apps, instead of using my Keyboard Maestro macros)

• Thanks @XIII we really appreciate the effort. We've been using the app for a while internally, but getting feedback from our customers is the best way for us to understand how the app is being used in the real world :)

This discussion has been closed.