Just wasted an hour on 1Password 8. Can't sign in, can't activate browser extension, vault is gone.

GlennTurner
GlennTurner
Community Member

I'm furious. This is probably because I'm not paying monthly installments... It's asking for types of passwords I've never been asked for before. Ugh.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: macOS 12.0 beta

Comments

• @GlennTurner - how can I help with this? Can we talk and get this issue resolved for you?

• @GlennTurner I am sorry about the trouble! Any chance you could email us a diagnostics report?

It is available under 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Send Diagnostics menu. If you could also link to this forum post, it would be great.

Thank you so much 🙏

• GlennTurner
    GlennTurner
    Community Member

Thanks. I was able to recover the vault using 1Password 6. I think my problem was a result of upgrading directly from v6 to v8. I didn't consider v7 because of the required monthly payments.

• Thanks for the update @GlennTurner. A 1Password membership would be required at this point to move from 1Password 6 to either 1Password 7 or 1Password 8.

On the welcome screen, sign in to your 1Password account. If you are not yet subscribed to 1Password.com (or .ca🇨🇦 / .eu🇪🇺) see Setting up a new 1Password.com account for details on creating an account and migrating over your data.

There are a lot of benefits to membership, which you can read about here:

About 1Password membership

I hope that is helpful!

Ben

• roustem
    edited August 2021

@GlennTurner Ah, that makes sense! We have to make sure this is handled better by the new version.

Do you need help with migrating to the membership?

Thank you again ❤️

This discussion has been closed.