Browser extension won't install on Monterey Safari 15

Options

I successfully installed the early access version on a MacBook pro running the latest Monterey 12.0 beta. However, I cannot get the browser extension to install on Safari. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still no luck. Note, I had no problems installing early access on my "production" machine running Big Sur and Safari 14.1.2.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: mac OS 12

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @morrismh 👋

Thanks for getting in touch! How are you liking Monterey so far?

I'm curious what you mean when you say that you can't get the browser extension to install. Is 1Password for Safari not appearing in Safari's Preferences, or is there an error happening during the installation from the Mac App Store? If you let me know where in the process things are going haywire, I'll look into it and see what I find.

• morrismh
    morrismh
    Community Member
    Options

I can get it from Mac Apple Store but does not appear in list in Safari Prefs.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I appreciate the additional info, @morrismh. Could you try the command I mentioned in this comment and let me know how you get on?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

• morrismh
    morrismh
    Community Member
    Options

Just updated to latest beta of Monterey version 12.0 Beta (21A5304g) and reinstalled early access 1Password. Everything working great now including extension 2.0.6. Can't explain but glad it all works now!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it, @morrismh! Thanks for the update and for giving the Early Access a try. If you have any other feedback for us, please do share - we're always looking to improve. :)

This discussion has been closed.