Early access and Alfred / Spotlight / LaunchBar (3rd party search integration)

HRD
HRD
Community Member

Can you inform me if early access is integrated with Alfred?

Thanks,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• We have an open issue in our bug tracker for that. We just didn't get to this feature yet.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

hi @roustem,

I am grateful for your prompt response.

• Thank you for letting us know that you need this feature, @HRD. It is very important to us ❤️

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @roustem,

Just a thought.

Can I install Version 7 alongside Version 8 to allow access to Alfred, whilst testing the Early Access version?

• jimanvlad
    jimanvlad
    Community Member

Hi,

I was trying to enable my Alfred App integration (https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/1password/) but can't seem to find the tickbox for spotlight anywhere in the new version?

1Password Version: 8
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: macOS Monterey

• Hi @jimanvlad ,

3rd party app integration (and Spotlight) is not in the Early Access release, but we are planning to add it in the future.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• cmer
    cmer
    Community Member

+1 on this. Alfred integration is very important to any power user!

• @HRD it is possible, but will likely cause a conflict with the browser extensions. I'd recommend turning off browser integration with on or the other, and not having them run at the same time.

@cmer I love Alfred too. I never actually got into using their integration with 1Password, but I use their clipboard history and app launching extensively. I also use a few workflows, including a couple I put together myself. I think we'll get the integration back, I'm just not sure exactly when. When we do I'll have to give it another try. I actually just enabled it the other day to test something for a customer and it was pretty slick. 😎

Ben

• cmer
    cmer
    Community Member

@Ben I don't know (or don't care to know) the URL to many websites I use and rely on Alfred + 1Password to take me there and log me in. It is indeed incredibly fast and slick.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

Thanks for that. I'll be patient and wait.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

Any update on the Alfred integration?

Without this soon, I'm going back to version 7.

New versions should not introduce retrograde steps.

• I don't have any update to share; sorry. It's on the to-do list. I'm not sure when it'll get completed. There is a possibility it won't be in the first stable release of 8.0.

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

It is obviously not a priority, so I will revert to version 7.

• rminear68
    rminear68
    Community Member

Just another vote for getting this functionality in V8. :-). Thanks

• Blake
    edited August 2021

No need to vote @rminear68! 📨

Alfred integration is certainly coming in 1Password 8, there are just more pressing things for us to accomplish before that happens.

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member

@Blake Thanks for the hopeful update on Alfred integration. I REALLY miss it!!

• Chris Messina
    Chris Messina
    Community Member
  • Thanks for the pointer, @Chris Messina. I'm subscribed to that thread now. Have been an Alfred user for many years, so I'm excited to see the two work together again as well.

Ben

• Chris Messina
    Chris Messina
    Community Member

Thanks! Would be very happy to see an even closer integration if possible — dunno if the new platform anticipates a more robust API for 3rd party apps?

• Happy to file a request. What sort of things would you like to see the combination accomplish together?

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

What is the timeline for Alfred integration?

• Erik_1P
    Erik_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HRD, I heard your cries and I'm going to try and sneak this in. It might take some extra time in review, because it involves
    unencrypted data, but I'll stick to just what 1Password 7 does to keep that review as brief as possible.

Thanks for your patience <3

Erik

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Erik_1P,

Thanks and kindly keep me posted on progress.

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

@Blake I know you said don't do this, but I'm voting +1 anyways. One of my top requests other aside from the compilation of design changes badly needed here: https://1password.community/discussion/124334/a-compilation-of-feedback-for-1pw-8-4-family-membership#latest

• :+1:

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#9436

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

A date for implementation would be welcome.

• Sorry @HRD, as a policy, we don't pre-announce features. In this case we don't have a date internally, so even absent the policy that isn't something I could provide. As Erik alluded above it is something he is going to try to sneak in between other work, but we're not in a position to promise.

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

I would have expected this core feature to have been implemented by now, as I first raised it over two months ago!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

We appreciate your patience @HRD, we will do all we can to get this done as soon as possible :+1: :)

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

@HRD I am usually pretty hard on AgileBits. You can't possibly expect them for Alfred support at this point in time. The software is still in public preview. There are a bajillion other priorities they must focus on before bonus features like Alfred integration.

This discussion has been closed.