"Under Construction" Alpha/Beta Indicator

F451
F451
Community Member
Truly love this method of indicating a alpha/beta:

20120712-jnx2xjdjsgm7tg83m79d7fka4j.jpg

Really usrprised that no one has done it decades ago. This should be an industry standard.

The app displaying it is Tweetbot Mac Version.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It is a nice touch. I feel like I've seen it in other apps, but can't find a screenshot offhand.

It works especially well for time-limited alpha builds like Tweetbot is using. It's something to consider for our beta channel, but I wonder if it would get annoying to folks who "live" in the beta channel.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited July 2012
    Didn't we have something like this at one time in one of the 1P3 alphas or betas.

NVM it was the indicator that it had been updated. Seem to recall it in lower portion just below the 3rd pane near the edit button

gimme gimme 1P4 and Ill tell you if it bothers me while living in the beta channel ROFL

Edit wooops forgot to say hello F451, I sincerely hope once 1P4 sees the alpha beta stage you will be around more, Its not been the same around here without you and a lot of the other folks whom ushered in 1P3

I also love how you managed to grab that screenshot with old roustem in the picture nice nudge :wink:

Ok guys i just noticed my post count over at Dropbox is getting within a few hundred of my posts here. We need to step up this 1P4 thing and please put the indicator F451 mentioned in the Alphas so we can truly test and see how it feels
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2012
    There was an "update notification" indicator back when we were testing the background autoupdater. You even conveniently posted a screenshot of it yourself:

20120713-eb81w9u3drnxqf498mp9bntesu.png

gimme gimme 1P4 and Ill tell you if it bothers me while living in the beta channel ROFL

Haha! :lol: You know you will be one of the first to know.

I also love how you managed to grab that screenshot with old roustem in the picture nice nudge

I noticed it, but I see his face so much every day I think I have become immune to it. :P

Ok guys i just noticed my post count over at Dropbox is getting within a few hundred of my posts here. We need to step up this 1P4 thing and please put the indicator F451 mentioned in the Alphas so we can truly test and see how it feels

I'll make sure Dave and Roustem get your vote for this! I'm still on the fence about it myself.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

There was an "update notification" indicator back when we were testing the background autoupdater. You even conveniently posted a screenshot of it yourself:

20120713-eb81w9u3drnxqf498mp9bntesu.png

Yeah I seem to remember that i think its too much work creeping up on me. Not to mention I awoke with a bad backache at 3 am and never went back to bed. :(
  • F451
    F451
    Community Member
    khad wrote:
    It's something to consider for our beta channel, but I wonder if it would get annoying to folks who "live" in the beta channel.
    Annoying...like me. I Love it! I actually have many betas from several developers on my Mac all the time.
    thightower wrote:

Edit wooops forgot to say hello F451, I sincerely hope once 1P4 sees the alpha beta stage you will be around more, Its not been the same around here without you and a lot of the other folks whom ushered in 1P3
    I'm around, and on occasion I bother Roustem (who kindly tolerates me). Anyway, hi thightower, I'm here to stay!
  • benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    I like the idea of a visual indication that one is running "beta channel" software.
This discussion has been closed.