1Password won't prompt for or fill User ID

Options
williakz
williakz
Community Member
edited August 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

On firing up a particular website in Chrome (linked to via monthly "new statement available" email), I'm presented with "Email or User ID" in gray text in a white field above another white field with "Password" in gray. Clicking in the Email/UserID field does nothing (no 1Password icon appears). Clicking in the Password field brings up both the 1Password icon at the right of the field AND the (correctly) suggested login entry in 1Password. Selecting the entry fills the Password field with the correct password, but does nothing for the Email/UserID field. If I manually type in my UserID (the same "username" 1Password has in its database), the login succeeds.

How do I go about modifying 1Password's field names and/or handling to enable a complete fill of both 1Password's "username" into the "Email or User ID" field and its "password" into the "Password" field? I'm running on Mac with latest production software (macOS, Chrome, 1Password with integration ON). Thanks in advance for any guidance.

(P.S. I tried searching the forum but couldn't find the answer on my own.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @williakz,

Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind sending me the link to your website? I will do some tests and get back with what I find.

Best regards,

Nhat Nguyen.
    https://support.1password.com/

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

@Nhat_Nguyen, the link I was sent via email is here. Thanks for your help.

• Hello @williakz,

Thank you very much for the link. I confirm that the 1Password icon does not appear in "Email or user ID" Field. However, you can use 1Password in the password field to save and fill your website. That said, please try these steps to see how it works.

Go to your website > Enter "Email or user ID" and your password > Right-click on the 1Password icon on your browser's toolbar > Select "Save Login" > Click on "Update login" > Select "Save new item" > Save.

Refresh the page > Select the password field > Select the new item and let me know if 1Password fills both fields correctly?

Best regards,

Nhat Nguyen.
    https://support.1password.com/

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

That worked a treat, @Nhat_Nguyen! I see that 1Password added a new field in the database login entry with the label "hiddenlogin" containing the same string as my User ID (and 1P's "username"). Thanks very much for your help.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it, @williakz! I'll pass your thanks along to Nhat. :)

This discussion has been closed.