Watchtower navigates away when you take action

pjhagel
pjhagel
Community Member

When working in Watchtower and you take action on an item it navigates away from the watchtower interface. This makes it difficult to work through your watchtower items as you have to continually navigate back into each list.

This happens when updating passwords, archiving, deleting, or any other action that removes the items from watchtower.

1Password Version: 8.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Pop!_OS 21.04

Comments

• Hey @pjhagel, this is a great point - thanks for bringing it up. We've heard a number of folks request a change to how this aspect of the Watchtower workflow is handled, so we filed an issue with our developers about it and it's being discussed internally. Just thought you'd like to know. 😃

Thank you again, and I'll look forward to seeing you around the forums!

• mzehnder
    mzehnder
    Community Member

Good to hear it's being addressed and I hope this gets fixed soon.
    This behavior drove me insane and I had to switch back to my Mac to start handling my 100+ "sub-optimal" items. The Linux client is simply not usable for this task. Personally I prefer the old v7 watchtower sidebar items. It's so much more convenient and faster without navigating back and forth for every single item.

• Thanks for the input, @mzehnder. I'm sorry that was a frustrating experience - we do hope to improve the workflow around this.

I just want you to know that I'm tracking every request for this that I can find in the forums and adding it to our internal feature request. Thanks for letting us know that this is important to you!

ref: dev/core/core#8775

This discussion has been closed.