Open and fill only works immediately after unlocking

The "open and fill" function for websites only seems to work right after I've unlocked 1Password. After that first time, it refuses to work again.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: macOS 11.5.1

Comments

• SpaceSwift
    SpaceSwift
    Community Member

I am glad I am not the only one that noticed this. Open and Fill was not working properly for me either. I'm not sure exactly what the reproduction is, but it seems to work with some passwords, but not all passwords.

I would note that using the dropdown and then clicking on just "Open" also does not work on these.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2021

Hey @froghammer and @SpaceSwift 👋

Thanks for giving the early access a try! I was able to reproduce the issue you mentioned, and I'm having a lot of trouble finding a pattern on what will fill vs. what won't fill as well. I've got this reported to our development team. For now, you should be able to visit a website, then use the inline menu (directly underneath the field) to fill your credentials. Would you mind double checking that filling within the browser is working for you? I just want to make sure you've got a way to get your credentials to the form. :)

ref: dev/core/core#9174

• froghammer
    froghammer
    Community Member

Thanks, @kaitlyn. Using the browser fill works just fine. Also, if I want everything to work, I'll just go back the GA 1Password 7. :lol:

• Thanks for letting us know about this issue, @froghammer. We appreciate the feedback, and will work to improve!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

For now, you should be able to visit a website, then use the inline menu (directly underneath the field) to fill your credentials.

For me auto-fill does not work, and the Safari extension is a terrible experience (unlock issues and extremely slow)

Only copy/paste works… So much for being a premium product?!

• SpaceSwift
    SpaceSwift
    Community Member

@Kaitlyn I can also confirm that inline works, and of course copy and paste does as well.

• phoenix1386
    phoenix1386
    Community Member

@froghammer I see what you did there. Hope the team takes notice.

• Zook
    Zook
    Community Member

I can report the same bug myself. Open and fill only works immediately after opening the app.

• Sorry to hear you've encountered this as well, @Zook, and thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.