Unresponsive login screen

When I updated to 1Password 8, it prompted me to sign in to an existing account found on my machine. My email and secret key were pre-populated, and I just had to enter my master password. The UI on that page is so slow that when I typed my password and hit "enter", it hadn't even yet registered that I had input text into the password field, and the "sign in" button hadn't yet turned blue. After what I'd guess was about 300ms, the button turned blue, and I could hit enter.

1Password Version: 8 early access
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: macOS 12.0 Beta (21A5294g)

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mpcsh!

Are you able to reproduce this if you visit the https://my.1password.com/signin page in the same browser?

• mpcsh
    mpcsh
    Community Member

...no, because the signin page on a browser is completely different from the signin page in the app?

• HI @mpcsh, thanks for letting us know about this, and I'm sorry to hear that things weren't working smoothly for you with this sign-in. While we haven't heard widespread reports about this kind of thing, we take every issue seriously and want to make sure the app works as consistently for everyone as possible.

Out of curiosity: are you able to reproduce this? I'll be interested to know if this is consistent behavior, or if it's just the first time you log in after having a previous version of 1Password. That might tell us something about the source of problem.

In any case, if this persists and you'd like us to investigate, feel free to message us at support@1Password.com (and link to this conversation!) and we'll look into this for you.

Many thanks again!

• mpcsh
    mpcsh
    Community Member

Yes, it's reproducible. I'll send in an email.

This discussion has been closed.