Dated UI? [Refreshed UI coming in 1Password 8, currently in Early Access]

Newbie2018
Newbie2018
Community Member
edited September 2021 in Lounge

I’ve been a 1P customer for about 10 years, first with an individual account then later with a family account. I love the product and wish AgileBits continued future success. Toward that end, I’d like to offer one item of constructive feedback.

IMHO, the UI in the 1P apps looks dated. I only use the macOS and iOS apps, but both have had the same UI for years now. When I compare 1P with the cloud apps and the financial apps that I use, the latter look fresher and cleaner. I want 1P to stay competitive, and yes, functionality is key. But a good UI attracts new users, and it signals a company’s focus on user experience. So again, IMHO 1P needs a facelift (fonts, colors, positioning of information, workflow, etc).

My two cents.

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Have a look at the 1Password 8 Early Access version.

Many people complain because it’s different than before, so you might actually like it?

• Newbie2018
    Newbie2018
    Community Member

Thank you. I looked at the screenshots in the blog article, and it looks promising. I'm not keen to be a beta tester, but I look forward to the new release.

• Thanks for sharing @Newbie2018. :) Glad to hear you're looking forward to 1Password 8!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.