Restrict items in Quick Access to the currently selected collection

Options

I apologize if this is a duplicate, but there are so many threads at the moment that it is difficult to keep track of all the feedback/requests.

The current version of Quick Access searches all items in all vaults. I would like to request the ability to restrict the Quick Access search context to the currently selected collection in the main 1Password application.

Let me know if you need more details.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.5.1/Ubuntu 20.04

Comments

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member
    Options

I just assumed that was how it worked, since that was the way Mini did. Just tested, and yes, Quick Access doesn't respect the Collection I am currently viewing in the main app. That I call a bug. I use Collections to hide things like family members' vaults who need extra help with tech, as well as a demo vault I have, and those of inactive consulting clients. I don't want items from those vaults in any Quick Action searches.

On the other hand, the whole notion of Collections is not present in the modern browser extensions. These too do not respect the Collection used in the main app. That I want to put forward as a related feature request.

This discussion has been closed.