Cannot Unlock 1Password in Safari (1Password 7.7)

2»

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AlfonsoFigueroa:

Do things start working for you again if you follow Tommy's suggestions above?

• dmoor
    dmoor
    Community Member

The June 6 instructions fixed the problem for me.

• antonbe
    antonbe
    Community Member

The issue still happens after the latest update btw. Any update on a fix?

Ticket number from my previous support request: [#HWR-54861-411]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @dmoor, I am happy to hear this :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@antonbe:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system and I see that you have been discussing this with my colleagues over there already :+1:

ref: HWR-54861-411

• techyhippy
    techyhippy
    Community Member

I have the same issue. Just discovered it as I just started using Safari. The prescribed steps work.. but this is a real pain. As this topic started a year ago.. its reasonable to assume this issue has been around at least a year.. surely it should have been fixed by now...

I have to say that apart from this issue I am delighted with 1Password. I have used it for many years on multiple devices.. and until now it has worked flawlessly. You guys/gals/non.. do an amazing job.. I love the product and have recommended it to many people over the years. Keep up the good work.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the kind words @techyhippy :) And I know our developers have been working to make the unlocking more seamless :+1:

• Bart_Nieuwenhuis
    Bart_Nieuwenhuis
    Community Member

I am a big fan of 1password. However, I am experiencing also the above mentioned problem. My work around is close Safari, starting activity monitor and force quit the 1password processes. Then restart Safari and we are back in business. Safari has always been 1password's flagship, so please try to solve the problem.

• Adam_M
    Adam_M
    Community Member

Any updates on this? Experiencing the same issue.

• Martinoo
    Martinoo
    Community Member

I have the same problem, and nothing proposed above is working

in fact the 3 button are not working in safari for me the one in the bar menu, the big one "Unlockded one password" and the tiny one with the small lockers on it in the password field !

On my side I have deactivated the unfonctional 1passeword extension from months and every new version I try to reactivated the extension to see if something happen but the bugs style there is more to one year now !

I hope one day the developper try to solve that issue !

I have many other issue to report, I will do it in the related post

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Martinoo:

On my side I have deactivated the unfonctional 1passeword extension from months and every new version I try to reactivated the extension to see if something happen but the bugs style there is more to one year now !

What version of the 1Password app and of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using?

• Martinoo
    Martinoo
    Community Member

1Passeword app is
    Version 7.9.1 (70901006)
    Mac App Store

1Password browser extension is 7.9.1

• @Martinoo

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/618598/#Comment_618598
    • Your forum username: Martinpo

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• McX
    McX
    Community Member

I've also seen this behavior since I migrated from LP. Completely quitting 1P from the menu bar fixed it this time.

My 1P version is:

1Password 7
    Version 7.9.1 (70901006)
    Mac App Store

Extension version is "1Password 7.9 from 1Password 7"

It's not clear to me whether I need to update the extension, or how I would do that.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@McX:

It's not clear to me whether I need to update the extension, or how I would do that.

The Safari extension updates automatically together with the main 1Password app, so the two versions should match. Is your Safari extension still showing version 7.9, instead of 7.9.1?

• juanp
    juanp
    Community Member

Same thing. I have this issue often. So, I end up going back to Chrome, even though I prefer Safari.

• If Safari indicates an older version of the bundled extension and quitting Safari and relaunching it doesn't get the version numbers in sync you could try running this command in Terminal.app: pluginkit -a /Applications/1Password\ 7.app to force pkd (plugin kit daemon) to refresh its awareness of the 1Password application.

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Seeing this as well... However my 1Password App and the extension version match.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wavesound:

Thank you for letting us know. Have you sent us a diagnostics report already?

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Just to confirm, I am running 7.9.2.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation :+1:

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

@ag_ana I needed to get it working so I quit 1Password completely and reloaded it. Would a diagnostics file still help after restarting the app?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wavesound:

Not unless you can point out the time where the issue was present. The easiest thing would be to just send a new report in case this happens again, while it is still happening :+1:

• knight9
    knight9
    Community Member

Is there a planned resolution for this problem. I hit it very frequently and it is beyond annoying. I currently have restarted my computer and still have the issue. Tried completely quitting and it didn't work. I tried un ticking the extension and re ticking still can't unlock in safari. There is not a consistent fix for it, but I should not need one.

Really unclear why I pay a subscription for this software and you can't resolve a consistent issue reported for months. Very disappointed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@knight9:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.