How to filter by tag in chrome extension

Options

In the chrome extension on mac I can't find a way to filter by tag. A previous answer suggest searching using something like "tag:work", but this doesn't work for me. What am I missing?

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: 10.4
Referrer: forum-search:tags in chrome extension

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ElwoodP ,

The extension does not have a visible Tags section, but it will show you all items related to a specific tag if you just type in the name of the tag.
    So instead of "tag:work" like you suggested, simply type in "work" and it will display all logins that have that tag (and other logins that may have "work" in the title/username/url).

I hope that clarifies things better :)

• ElwoodP
    ElwoodP
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_yaron

With around 800 login items if other results are included in the search its difficult to find what I need if the results are polluted with non tagged items.

I've found a workaround of giving my tags a more unique name by literally adding "t:" before them e.g. "t:work".

It would be great if the extension could add tags to the menu as in native client. Is there somewhere to make a feature request?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed @ElwoodP ,
    Adding really unique tags or a unique structure to tags will greatly help you manage and administrate a big passwords database. The uniqueness of a login item's name and tag is crucial for ease of use later on.

There is already an open feature request for it, so I've added your voice there. Thanks for bringing this up :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#651

• Pixelpublic
    Pixelpublic
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron
    we are using chrome on windows device.
    We create tags with a unique number like "A00856 Name of the client"
    If I search only for "A00856" there are not results. Why doesn't it work? Is it a problem that there are numbers in the name?
    This search only works in the application.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Pixelpublic ,

This should definitely work. I replicated a similar scenario and I was able to locate the relevant login item by searching the number you provided as an example. Check it out here: http://recordit.co/7xd4r1Xtga

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@Pixelpublic Is the relevant vault visible in the extension?
    Click on the 1Password icon in the toolbar and select Settings. Is All Vaults or the relevant vault selected?
    If All Vaults then click on 1Password icon->Settings->Settings. Is the relevant vault included in All Vaults?

• Pixelpublic
    Pixelpublic
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron thank you for the video. But this is not my problem - :-)

I am logged in and I see all vaults and a list of tags. I have the tag A00201 - under this tag exists one item. But if I type A00201 in the search field, I get no results.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2021
    Options

@Pixelpublic:

Thank you for the screenshot, that was very useful! You posted in a discussion named "How to filter by tag in chrome extension", so my colleague Yaron assumed that you were trying to do this in the browser extension. From your screenshot however, we see that you are not using the browser extension, you are on the 1Password website instead, so that explains the difference :)

On the 1Password.com website, tags search has not been implemented yet, but I see an open issue for our developers. I will let them know that you would also like this feature in the future :+1:

ref: dev/b5/b5#8480

• Pixelpublic
    Pixelpublic
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    Thank you for the explanation. Now I understand how to use it :-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @Pixelpublic!

This discussion has been closed.