Vaults included in "All Vaults" missing in 8.2 BETA for Mac

Options
dangior
dangior
Community Member

Hi 1Password,

I was very excited when I saw that the 8.xx BETA was available for Mac yeah!! I installed it promptly and overall I have to say that I like the new look and feel, it's cleaniness and the new Watchtower... amazing

However I'm missing something that for me was key: "choosing which vaults are included in All Vaults". When I search something it does it through all the vaults I have created, this might seem convenient because is simple, however, the vaults exist to organize the items and in many cases I do create vaults that only contains items from previous jobs, clients or moments that I don't want them to appear in Search, they are only there when I look for specifically.

So yes, the new Search is great but now I see items I don't want to see and this is a feature you have dropped, please reconsider your position and let us pick which Vaults to include in "All Vaults" or in the Search. I'm talking about the Desktop app, the extension does have this feature.

Thanks in advance,
David

1Password Version: Mac 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: macOS 11.5

Comments

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member
    Options

@dangior, there is a feature called Collections that seems to have replaced this. Look under the menu that shows your account in the sidebar.

• dangior
    dangior
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @alexclst I didn't see it and it's even better than previous "All vaults"! Kudos!

• Thank you for the kind words @dangoor, and thank you for your help @alexclst ❤️

• ktnjared
    ktnjared
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

@alexclst and @roustem, thank you for your feedback to @dangoor here. I see the Collections feature exposed in Mac 8.2.0-44.BETA, however I'm not seeing this feature on Windows 8.1.2-82.BETA (80102082). Has the feature not been enabled on the Windows client yet, or should I file separate feedback for the Windows side related to a possible bug?

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member
    Options

@ktnjared Not sure if this is due to being on the Windows Nightly build, but my workaround was to create a new collection on macOS, let that sync to Windows, then I could see that collection and manage (create) collections on Windows. Again, I didn't see collections at all until I created it on macOS first, but after creating the first one, it's working great!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2021
    Options

The team is taking a look at the situation with Windows and Linux as I write this. 👀 Should be properly enabled soon.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#9357

This discussion has been closed.